SWF-SOLID Color Wood Finish is a premium finish for new wood and for recoating
old applications. SWF-SOLID is fortified with E-B Emulsa-Bond to provide
unsurpassed adhesion to vertical and horizontal exterior substrates where
other products ultimately fail or require extensive preparation and priming.
SWF-SOLID blends acrylic and urethane technologies to provide reliable
adhesion, abrasion-resistance and flexibility. SWF-SOLID delivers high
traffic performance on deck surfaces and is the perfect choice for long-
asting beauty on siding. SWF-SOLID is guaranteed not to peel or blister.
• For exterior use only
• New or weathered exterior wood
• Previously coated exterior surfaces
• Siding (new or weathered, including: untreated solid wood, primed
and previously finished fiber cement board and plywood, including T1-11,
• Decks, docks and other horizontal surfaces including PTW, cedar,
redwood, hardwoods and composite decking
• Fences and other vertical surfaces
• Trim boards and outdoor wood furniture
• Weathered vertical masonry including stucco, painted block, EIFS,
1. Surfaces to be coated should be clean and dry before applying SWF-SOLID
Solid Color Wood Finish.
2. Sand, scrape or wire brush to remove all loose flaking or peeling finish
3. Pressure wash to remove excess dirt, chalk, oxidation and other surface
4. Mildew - A mildew-resisting component has been incorporated into this
product to make its dry film mildew resistant, however, no coating is
mildew proof. Before coating, remove mildew by scrubbing the surface with
a mixture of four ounces of non-ammonia detergent (TSP), one quart of
household bleach and three quarts of water. Allow this solution to remain
on the surface for 10-15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Repeat until
mildew is completely removed. Wear protective glasses or goggles and waterproof
gloves when using this solution. Quickly wash off mixture that touches
your skin. Allow 2-3 days dry time after cleaning before finishing or
when wood has a moisture content of <15%.
The ideal time to finish new wood is one to three months after installation.
Many new wood surfaces can have a hard, shiny condition called mill glaze
that prevents maximum penetration and adhesion of a finish. All new wood,
especially decks, should be prepared with Flood Wood Stripper or FloodPro®
Stripper/Cleaner to reduce mill glaze, remove natural wood chemicals and
other factory applied sealers to open wood and allow maximum penetration.
WOOD OR PREVIOUSLY COATED SURFACES:
Follow "General Directions" for surface prep.
EXTRACTIVE WOODS: (i.e. red cedar, redwood)
"Extractives" or tannins are natural wood chemicals that give
wood its color. These chemicals can "bleed" into a topcoat and
cause discoloration of the finish. Use Flood Wood Cleaner or Flood Dekswood®
(diluted with water from 1:1 for redwood to 4:1 for cedar) to remove tannin
stains and clean the surface prior to coating. To prevent tannin bleed,
use an oil-based exterior stain blocking primer, designed to seal exterior
wood to control tannin and knot bleeding, prior to application. Alternatively,
apply the first coat of Flood SWF-SOLID Wood Finish. Allow the first coat
to cure 7 days prior to application of the second coat.
• Before starting job, test your color choice on a small area
• Buy sufficient product for the whole job and box or intermix all
product together before staining to avoid color variance
• DO NOT USE TINT BASES UNTINTED
NOTE: Custom tint using colorants that are approved for exterior use only.
• Apply FloodPro Solid Color Finish with a synthetic brush, 3/8"
- 3/4" nap, tight knit synthetic roller cover, stain brush/pad or
• Spray equipment .015 - .019 fluid tip/1,500-2,100 psi fluid pressure
CAUTION: Surfaces are slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on wet
surfaces during application.
1. Clean as directed under "Surface Preparation".
2. Cover everything you do not wish to coat including plants and shrubs.
3. Apply between 50º and 80º F. Do not apply in direct sunlight,
surfaces or if cold and/or wet weather is expected within 48 hours.
4. Mix product thoroughly before and during application. Do not thin.
5. For color uniformity, use a larger container (ex. 5 gallon bucket)
to intermix all product to be used in one area.
6. Apply an even coat of SWF-SOLID Color Wood Finish avoiding
7. Always work the entire length of a deck board or horizontal siding
to a logical break, such as a window or door frame.
8. Vertical siding should be coated from top to bottom.
9. If spraying on product, always back brush or back roll material to
provide maximum substrate coverage, penetration and uniform appearance.
10.If additional coats are required, it may be applied 3-4 hours after
• Smooth/moderately porous surfaces: 350 - 400 sq. ft/gal
• Rough/weathered/porous surfaces: 250 - 350 sq. ft/gal
NOTE: Actual coverage rates may vary depending upon substrate type and/or
conditions as well as application method.
SWF-SOLID COLOR FINISH
Surfaces with harsh exposure to sun, weather or foot traffic will show
wear more quickly than other areas - if this happens, clean affected areas
and recoat as necessary.
• Cleanup with soap and water.
• If SWF-SOLID is allowed to dry on tools, remove with
• Store unused portion in a sealed container to prevent gelling.
• KEEP FROM FREEZING