TWF-SEMI Semi-Transparent Wood Finish is a premium-quality finish that
provides long-lasting appearance and protection to natural wood. Its exclusive
formula combines the rich penetration of an oil with the durability of
an acrylic resin. It enhances the natural character of the wood, allowing
the grain and texture to show through. TWF-SEMI provides a mildew-resistant
finish and delivers unsurpassed peel and fade resistance for three years
on decks and five years on siding.
Exterior wood surfaces, including:
• Decks & Docks
• Shingles & Siding
• Pressure Treated Lumber
• Plywood (including T1-11)
• Rafters & Beams
• Trim Boards
• Outdoor Wood Furniture
• Proper surface preparation is essential for warranty application,
optimum penetration and overall product performance.
• Surfaces to be stained must be thoroughly clean, porous, dry and
free of mildew and other contamination.
• Remove mildew with a solution of one part household bleach to
four parts water.
• Completely remove any opaque stain, paint, varnish or sealer to
expose bare wood.
NOTE: Test for penetration and absorbency by sprinkling water lightly
on freshly prepared wood. If water is absorbed rapidly, surface is porous
and free of contamination and ready for stain. If water is repelled, thorough
preparation for new wood surfaces must be repeated.
The ideal time to stain new wood is one to three months after installation.
Some new wood surfaces, like smooth cedar, can have a hard, shiny surface
called mill glaze, that prevents maximum penetration of a stain. All new
wood, especially decks, should be prepared with Flood Wood Stripper or
FloodPro® Stripper/Cleaner (1 quart of Flood Wood Stripper per one
gallon of water) to open wood so it can accept a new finish. These products
reduce mill glaze and remove natural wood chemicals and other factory
applied sealers to open wood to allow maximum penetration.
Uncoated wood surfaces that have weathered longer than six months require
thorough cleaning before staining. Use Flood Wood Stripper, Wood Cleaner
or Flood Dekswood® with a pressure washer or stiff bristle brush to
remove loose wood fibers, dirt and other surface contaminants.
NOTE: Cedar and redwood may darken with Flood Wood Stripper or FloodPro
Stripper/Cleaner. If this occurs, rebrighten with Flood Wood Cleaner or
Flood Dekswood before proceeding.
STAINED OR SEALED SURFACES:
For optimum results, apply to bare wood surfaces. Can also be applied
over previous applications of Flood TWF-SEMI. Previous stain, varnish
or sealer must be completely and thoroughly removed with Flood Wood Stripper
or StainStrip per product label directions before proceeding.
• Before starting job, test your color choice on a small area
• Buy sufficient product for the whole job and box or intermix all
product together before staining to avoid color variance
• DO NOT USE TINT BASES UNTINTED
NOTE: Custom tint using colorants that are approved for exterior use only.
CAUTION: Surfaces are slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on wet
surfaces during application.
1. Stir before and periodically during application.
2. Do not thin. Test color in small area.
3. Do not apply in hot sunlight or if cold, wet weather is expected within
4. Apply between 50° F – 80° F.
5. Apply with a synthetic brush, roller (synthetic woven 3/8”-3/4”
nap depending on surface texture) or airless sprayer (.013-.017 fluid
tip / 1300-1900 psi).
6. Apply an even coat, avoiding heavy application.
7. After sprayer or roller application, backbrush to improve penetration
and uniformity of coverage.
8. If an additional coat is required, it may be applied after 3-4 hours.
• Smooth/moderately porous surfaces: 350 - 400 sq. ft/gal
• Rough/weathered/porous surfaces: 250 - 350 sq. ft/gal
NOTE: Actual coverage rates may vary depending upon substrate type and/or
conditions as well as application method.
TWF-SEMI COLOR FINISH
Surfaces with harsh exposure to sun, weather or foot traffic will show
wear more quickly than other areas - if this happens, clean affected areas
and recoat as necessary.
• Clean up with warm, soapy water.
• If Flood TWF-SEMI is allowed to dry on tools, remove with paint
• Store unused portion in tightly closed container.
• Kepp from freezing.